Cherry is committed to making a social impact in our community by fostering relationships with other local organizations to support families in the greater Evanston area.
Over the years, we have collaborated with the following organizations in pursuit of our goal of being a preschool community that reflects the entire Evanston community: Evanston Community Foundation, the Infant Welfare Society of Evanston, Evanston-Skokie School District 65, Family Focus, Baby Toddler Nursery, Childcare Network of Evanston, Ricky Byrdsong Race Against Hate, Evanston Present and Future, Park School, Early Head Start, State of Illinois Early Intervention System, Northwestern University, Lurie’s Children’s Hospital, and numerous local clinics and therapeutic groups. Cherry Preschool is a proud member of Evanston Cradle to Career and The Evanston Early Childhood Council.
We recognize that families with young children often experience stressful situations. We have resources to help support families as they navigate these challenges. Our Assistant Director, Maggie Hessler, uses her social work background to help connect families with resources in the community to address a variety of concerns. For families who have concerns about their children’s development, our Child Development and Inclusion Director, Lindsey Underway, works with families to find resources and develop strategies to help children learn and grow to their full potential.
I was also able to pass the things I learned on to my husband. Instead of watching TV while the kids played, I would ask him to turn it off and to play with the kids for a little while, to pay attention to them. I really benefited from being at Cherry and learned a great deal. I feel that Cherry taught me how to be a parent. This is where we learned how to be a family. And I am so grateful.
RESOURCES FOR FAMILIES
- Erie Family Health https://www.eriefamilyhealth.org/
- Connections for the Homeless https://www.connect2home.org/
- Evanston Community Foundation http://www.evanstonforever.org/
- Family Focus Evanston https://www.family-focus.org/centers/evanston/
- Hillside Pantry www.hillsidepantry.org
- Peer Services http://peerservices.org/
- Zero to Three http://www.zerotothree.org/
- City of Evanston http://www.cityofevanston.org/
- Evanston District 65 http://www.district65.net/
- Joseph E Hill Early Childhood Centerhttps://www.district65.net/site/Default.aspx?PageID=41
- Evanston Cradle to Career http://evanstonc2c.org/
- Moran Center For Youth Advocacy https://moran-center.org/
- Early Head Start https://eclkc.ohs.acf.hhs.gov/programs/article/early-head-start-programs
- Family Institute at Northwestern https://www.family-institute.org/therapy-programs
- Evanston CASE https://www.evanstoncase.org/
- Childcare Network of Evanston https://www.childcarenetworkofevanston.org/